Calling all innovators to apply below! Applications close on October 2nd, ahead of the pitch day on October 30th 2023.
Visitors from the local community, Liverpool City Region and tourists.
Liverpool ONE is a leading retail and entertainment destination, set in the heart of Liverpool. It would like to engage with new and disruptive technologies that can further elevate the customer experience with the ultimate goal of ensuring the open-air destination is a must-visit for those who love to shop, eat, drink, be entertained and relax.
Developed and actively managed by Grosvenor, Liverpool ONE opened in 2008, coinciding with Liverpool’s status as European Capital of Culture. Designed to be an integral part of the city, Liverpool ONE adds to the overall draw complementing its maritime history, musical fame, and football prowess. From adrenaline-pumping social attractions like Gravity Max and Leveltap to the new Visit Liverpool app created for Eurovision 2023, Liverpool ONE delivers shareable experiences that attract and delight visitors. The 42-acre open-air destination attracts over 22 million visitors annually. It offers over 170 stores, bars, and restaurants, including brands like Zara, John Lewis, and Apple. In addition, it boasts entertainment venues, a 14-screen cinema, and scenic public spaces, including a Green Flag awarded park. Liverpool ONE strives to be more than just a retail and entertainment destination - it embodies the character of the city and its people and is a proud and active contributor to the Liverpool City Region. In 2009, Grosvenor established the Liverpool ONE Foundation as a means to support the community financially. Administered by the Community Foundation for Merseyside (CFM), the charity invests in community projects that promote positive mental health and wellbeing among the city’s young people. Since its launch, the Foundation has donated more than £3m to community projects as part of its mission to act as a force for good in the wider Liverpool community. Through initiatives like ONECommunity, it lays out its intentions for driving positive social change, from managing waste responsibly to improving green spaces.
Liverpool ONE is searching for partners to undertake a paid proof of concept that will be tested on-site with the potential for full rollout and scalability.
The goal is to identify disruptive technologies and innovations that will drive awareness, engagement, and advocacy, and give customers compelling new reasons to return again and again. The right solution(s) will allow Liverpool ONE to continue strengthening bonds with customers and community on its mission to provide unforgettable experiences in the heart of the city.
Submit a proposal deck in response to the below brief using the application portal at the bottom of the page. Proposals can provide solutions to one, some, or all component parts of the brief. We want to understand how your solution can help achieve some or all of the below aims.
Example submission for this challenge could be:
1) An augmented reality company with the capabilities to create a customer facing experience that brings the history of Liverpool to life. Customers might be able to scan exhibits, landmarks or products to unlock AR experiences telling stories about the city and Liverpool ONE's place within it. This type of example, if executed on effectively, would act as an awareness, engagement and advocacy tool for Liverpool ONE.
2) A community platform that would bolster engagement and advocacy by connecting Liverpool ONE customers to crowdsourced recommendations, reviews, and shopping tips in real-time. Users could ask questions about products, stores, or events and get responses from other shoppers.
These are just two examples – the Liverpool ONE team is excited to see submissions that address each part of this brief.
The solution’s features should include:
· The ability to operate in the UK.
· GDPR compliance.
· The ability to serve at scale required for Liverpool ONE.
· Alignment with the Liverpool ONE brand.
Key questions to answer as part of your response (where applicable):
1. Brief overview of your solution – what does it do and how?
2. How does your solution provide an answer to some, or all, of the brief (please be explicit)?
3. Team – who are you and why are you the ideal team to deliver your solution?
4. Paid Trial Proposal – What does this look like? (e.g., duration, cost and KPIs).
5. Please describe pricing methodology or structure (licence, subscription, resource, etc.)
6. Are there maintenance and support fees associated with your tool/solution?
7. Are there any specific tech requirements (hardware or software) either for mobile phone integration or business systems integration (enabling omnichannel capabilities).
NB. Decks should contain a maximum of 10 slides (PDF version of PPT preferable).
Liverpool ONE has already made strides in achieving these aims, their accomplishments to date include but are not limited to:
· VisitLiverpool App - a convenient way for visitors to plan their trip, discover the city, and access exclusive offers and rewards through an interactive mobile guide.
· Heritage Trail – audio trail bringing 300 years of history to visitors via the app.
· Dinosaurs Unleashed – AR app connecting virtual reality app with the present day.
· Liverpool’s Ukrainian Songbird Trail – AR game in the metaverse.